We treat the whole person, not just the cancer.
At Austin Cancer Center, we want you to live life as normally as possible while undergoing treatment, which means you may benefit from additional services for optimal healing. We’re here to help find all the resources needed to create the most positive outcome possible. Because we believe in approaching cancer from every possible direction, we include Integrative Medicine as part of our comprehensive and holistic treatment options. Dr. Matthew McCurdy, a Board-Certified Integrative Oncologist, leads our Integrative Oncology Division. Dr. McCurdy is highly recognized for his expertise, and regularly lectures to the public and other physicians on integrative oncology, nutrition, and spirituality. He holds leadership positions on multiple Society of Integrative Oncology committees.
Integrative Medicine, also called complementary and alternative medicine, incorporates the whole person – body, mind, and spirit – to beat cancer. Integrative therapies include:
- Chiropractic care
- Exercise planning and management
- Herbal remedies and supplements
- Mind-body medicine including yoga and meditation
- Naturopathic/holistic medicine
- Nutrition therapy
- Oncology rehabilitation
- Pain management
- Reiki and subtle energy healing
- Spiritual support
- Tai Chi and Qigong
Austin Cancer Center is a Leader in Integrative Medicine
- TEAM APPROACH – Each patient has a dedicated team of cancer care specialists creating a customized cancer care plan. When needed, we connect our patients to integrative providers, monitor progress, and make adjustments as needed.
- EXPERTISE – We are here to create the most successful treatment plan possible. That’s why we approach cancer from every possible direction, including Integrative Medicine. Our Board-Certified Integrative Oncologist, Dr. Matthew McCurdy, is highly recognized for his expertise in this emerging area of specialization.
- ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY – At our state-of-the-art facilities we use advanced technologies, including genomic testing, and treatments to diagnose, stage and effectively treat cancer.
- PERSONALIZED CARE – Because each person’s cancer journey is unique, we create personalized plans to meet those specific needs.
- SUPPORT – Our nurse navigators, patient care coordinators and support programs help you and your loved ones throughout the treatment experience.
Meet your integrative oncologist.